Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Professional Hopes and Goals


·        Hope

o   One hope that I have when thinking about working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds is that people stop creating and believing stereotypes. Whether we believe them or not, we still are aware of them and that awareness can unintentionally offend someone some day. It is best to check all biases before working with children and their families. All children and their families should get the same care and education.

·         Goal

o   One goal I would like to set for the early childhood field relating to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice is to develop a curriculum that is inclusive for all.

·        Thanks

o   I would like to thank all of my colleagues for your posts and comments throughout this course. It has been a pleasure learning with and from each and every one of you. I wish you all much success and many blessings for the future!

4 comments:

  1. It has been a pleasure working with you as well, Ryan!
    You are right - if we can get past our own negative images of diversity and level the playing field, one day we can honor each and every child and family we serve.
    Blessings to you as you continue on this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. Ryan,
    I agree. I hope we can embrace all children and stop creating stereotypes. I have really enjoyed reading all your posts through the course. I wish you the best in your future!
    Alissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan,
    I like your goal and hope! Awareness of personal biases will help decrease stereotypes in the classroom and set an example for children to follow. I also agree that it is important to include anti-bias education in curriculums.
    Thank you for your thoughtful posts and insights throughout this course!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ms. Ryan,
    I am confident that you will achieve your goals and I share in hopes of providing a quality education for all families. I have enjoyed working with you on these blogs, and I hope to work with you in the future.

    ReplyDelete