Saturday, March 12, 2011

Children need love in order to grow!

Another assignment for this week was to find quotes related to children that were meaningful to us. One quote I found was

Children need love, especially when they do not deserve it.  ~Harold Hulbert (not sure who he is)

Every child needs love. They may behave badly but they still need love. In some cases, those children are the ones that need love the most. As a teacher, I have students that don't know what unconditional love feels like. They come from broken homes, abusive situations, and who knows what else. Sometimes, the love and care I show them is all they get for the day. Without love, children will grow up searching and lost. Trying to satisfy a feeling that they are unable to explain. Children need to know that people care. They need to be nurtured and loved, encouraged and guided.

The love can be in the form of listening, understanding, words, actions, and even through discipline. Take the time to invest in children. They are our future and they need our love to grow.


1 comment:

  1. I like your quote. I can relate to it, my oldest son is really hard headed and loves to go against everything I say but I can tell in his actions that all he wants is to be held and kissed and pampered.

    ReplyDelete