Saturday, June 23, 2012

Final Blog - Issues & Trends in Early Childhood Education

            These past eight weeks have been very enlightening. I knew that the field of early childhood education had many issues but I never knew the severity of some of them. This course has really sparked my passion to want to help in any kind of way. I hope that I am able to make a difference in the lives of at least one child and their family.

            Unfortunately, I was not able to make a connection with an international professional in the field. However, I enjoyed listening and learning from the different podcasts of the World Forum Radio and exploring the many different websites of organizations that are making changes in the field. One consequence of listening to the podcasts is being able to learn about other professionals in the field of early childhood education. Listening to how they are making a difference in the field is inspiring.

            Another consequence is I learned how the different issues and trends are affecting the children and their families across the world. Lastly, this course has deepened my understanding of poverty, diversity, and equity in early care and education. I have discovered passions that I never knew I had.

            One professional goal that I have is to become a member to at least one early care and education organization (more than likely, I will renew my membership with NAEYC (www.naeyc.org)). I also plan to continue to follow and explore the National Association of Early Childhood Teacher Educators (www.naecte.org) organization and Center for the Childcare Workforce site (www.ccw.org) because they both have tons of valuable information on them.

           

            Thank you to all of my colleagues! It has been wonderful learning with you and from you. I wish you all the best of luck with your future courses and careers. Be Blessed and remember to always be a Blessing!

5 comments:

  1. It is nice that we had a chance to look at podcasts for this course because, personally, I never knew there were so many out there. Now even after this course, we can find podcasts on different topics that interest us. I wish you could have been able to contact an internationl person, but I am glad that you were able to get a lot of great information from the podcasts. Good luck in your future courses!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan, You and I have the same desire to make a difference in the lives of one child. I believe you are making a difference in the lives of children. Enjoyed reading your discussions and blogs. Look forward to our next class together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have gained so much information throughout this course and so many great websites and everything. Having these types of information makes understanding some issues a little easier. I enjoy the NAEYC website because it helps me with my job. My center holds a NAEYC accredition and it helps me stay foucsed on any new information. I want to wish you the best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ryan,

    I did not have the opportunity to make an international connection either but I also enjoyed listening to the podcasts and exploring international websites. I have learned many insights about issues and trends worldwide and was inspired by the passions of the professionals on the podcasts. The NAEYC website is a great resource and I would like to become a member. Thank you for all your insightful posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ryan,

    It has been a rewarding journey during this course. I was not able to make a connection with anyone either, but I learned many things from the websites. I think this course has made me more aware of the children and families that are in my care. I am going to take this new found knowledge and passion and incorporate it into my classroom and my goals. Good luck in your future classes. Maybe our paths will cross again.

    ReplyDelete