Saturday, May 7, 2011

Personal Birthing Experience

For our first assignment, we were asked to share information about a personal birthing experience. Well, this was a difficult assignment for me. 1 - I do not have any children of my own; and 2 - I have never seen a live birth (I'm assuming watching Discovery Health doesn't count). So, I will share the little I know about my own birth.

My mother shared with me that she was in labor for 19 1/2 hours. They told her that if I didn't come within the next hour, they were going to have to perform a C-section. She said that I popped out 10 minutes later. At 9:39 pm on December 24, 1982, I was born. Unfortunately, that is all I know. Hopefully, she will share more information with me so that I may update you. So, I will keep you posted....

3 comments:

  1. Ryan,
    Welcome back to the second class. I am looking forward to sharing experiences and sites with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ryan- Sounds like you knew they meant business about tha C-Section! When I was in labor with my daughter they gave me a hour or C-Section deadline woth her too. She didn't listen as well as you did!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan I love the personality it made me laugh thank you for sharing. I am looking forward to reading more blog stories and I also wanted to thank you for the information you gathered about pregnancies and deliveries in the Netherlands I found the articles you sited interesteng.

    ReplyDelete